At our Lafayette, LA dental office, we take pride in our people. In addition to practicing comprehensive, state-of-the-art dental care, Dr. Jerome Smith and Dr. Daniel Domingue have also received multiple prestigious awards for their high level of skill. Other dentists across the region come to our office to receive training in a variety of advanced procedures.
Drs. Smith and Domingue believe in ongoing education and staying on top of the latest developments and advances in dentistry in order to provide the very best possible care to our patients. Our hygienists, assistants, and other staff are also committed to ongoing training and education to advance and develop skills. We love dentistry, and it shows.
We look forward to meeting you! Please feel free to contact us with any questions.
Dr. J. Jerome Smith, DDS
After graduating cum laude from the University of Louisiana, Dr. Smith graduated from LSU's School of Dentistry in 1980. He has spent more than 35 years practicing General Dentistry with an emphasis on implant dentistry and comprehensive adult reconstructive care for the past 30 years.
Awards and Honors
Dr. Smith has received recognition as a Diplomate for the International Congress of Oral Implantology and is a Past Continuing Education Chairman for the Academy of General Dentistry. He is also a member of:
- The American Academy of Implant Dentistry
- The American Society of Osseointegration
- The American Academy of Dental Anesthesiology
- The American Dental Association
- The Louisiana Dental Association
- The Acadiana District Dental Association, where he also served as Past President
- Louisiana State Board of Dentistry
Dr. Smith also serves Adjunct Assistant Clinical Professor LSU School of Dentistry. He is involved with Latin World Ministries Dental/Medical Project and the Lafayette Community Health Care Clinic.
Dr. Smith has been published in Dental Implant Digest, The Farran Report, Dentaltown, The Implant Society, LDA Journal, ADDA Quarterly News, The Consumer's Guide to Dentistry, and PPAD. He has given lectures and presentations on a variety of subjects including Successful Case Presentation Using Digital Photography and Imaging, Practical and Clinical Management of Implant Dentistry in General Dental Practice, and a ...See Complete Bio
Dr. Danny Domingue, DDS
Dr. Daniel Domingue was born and raised in Lafayette, LA.
- St. Thomas More in 1999
- LSU Bachelor Science 2003
- LSU School of Dentistry in New Orleans 2007
- Brookdale University Hospital and Medical Center in NYC 2010
Post Graduate Education
- General practice Residency Brookdale Universite Hospital 2008
- Implantology Fellowship 2010
Awards and Honors
- Certificate of Achievement from the American Academy of Implant Dentistry for outstanding leadership in Implant Dentistry 2009
- Fellowship from the International Congress of Oral Implantologists 2009
- Associate Fellowship of the American Academy of Implant Dentistry 2009
- Diplomate from the American Board of Oral Implantology, the highest award possible for a general dentist practicing implantology. He was also recognized as the youngest recipient of this award in the entire world 2011
- Mastership and Diplomate award from the International Congress of Oral Implantology for his outstanding work in Implant Dentistry 2012
- Member American Dental Association as well as the Past President of Acadiana District Dental Association
- President and Founder of Acadiana Southern Society 20012-current
- Honored Fellow American Academy of Implant Dentistry 2019
- Paul Johnson Service Award from American Academy of Implant Dentistry 2020
- Domingue, D. Shifting Trends: osseointegration to peri-implant esthetics. Implant Practice US. Vol 6, Number 5
- Domingue, D. Adding Implants to your Practice. The New Dentist. Winter 2016. page 24, 25
- Domingue, D. Do Not Try this ...