Dental implants are all over the news and the media, so you may think you know everything you need to know about them. However, many patients have some common misconceptions about dental implants, affecting how they view potential treatment options. Look over the questions below and see how many of the answers you get right. The answers are listed below.
- True or False: Dental implant treatment is purely cosmetic and has no true health benefits.
- True or False: Dental implants will not work on patients who have experienced bone loss.
- True or False: General dentists can place dental implants.
- True or False: Dental implants provide a wide variety of treatment options for patients with multiple missing teeth.
- True or False: You cannot have dental implants once you reach a certain age.
- False. Dental implants have a number of health benefits including bone retention, better occlusion, and acting as a space holder to prevent the movement of your remaining natural teeth.
- False. Drs. Smith and Domingue offer bone grafting for patients who have suffered from bone loss, allowing their patients to have the dental implant treatment that supports their health and appearance.
- True: With the proper training, general dentists can place and restore dental implants. Drs. Smith and Domingue both have the training necessary to ensure a successful outcome for your treatment. They place thousands of dental implants per year.
- True: In addition to individual tooth replacement, dental implants can retain bridges and dentures, providing solutions for patients missing multiple, or even all of their teeth.
- False: Dental implants can be successful at any age. An evaluation of your health can determine if you are healthy enough for dental implants. Some of the people who benefit the most from dental implants are our senior patients. Dental implants can provide you with the ability to maintain healthy nutrition by being able to eat the foods you love.
To learn more about our dental office and the latest in dental implant technology, stop by our Facebook page!