Major Cosmetic Issues (and How We Can Help!)
Your smile tells the word an incredible amount about who you are. If you have cosmetic dental problems, however, what it’s saying might not be true.
Is your smile holding you back? What could you accomplish with cosmetic dentistry at our Lafayette, LA dental office?
Drs. Smith and Domingue are both skilled cosmetic dentists who can transform your flaws into assets so you can smile with confidence and feel good about meeting others.
These are some of the most common (and serious) cosmetic concerns we see:
- Missing teeth – Missing teeth are heavily stigmatized in our society, leading to unfortunate stereotyping. This could mean missed opportunities for you, both socially and professionally. Fortunately, we have several solutions for missing teeth. Dental implants are the gold standard, and we can place and restore them right here at our practice. Our dentists are so skilled in tooth replacement with dental implants that other dentists actually seek training from them. If dental implants aren’t right for you, however, we can also discuss dental bridges or partial dentures.
- Set-in stains – If you’ve been using whitening toothpaste or over-the-counter whitening kits with no real results, you probably have staining that goes deeper than the surface. We can help. Professional teeth whitening is customized to your needs and can remove all kinds of set-in stains. If your discoloration is resistant to whitening treatments or confined to one tooth, it might be better to discuss crowns, porcelain veneers, or dental bonding.
- Chips, cracks, and other damage – Our teeth get a lot of use, and over time, they can become damaged. Injuries can also play a role in tooth damage. Depending on the extent of the damage, you might benefit from dental bonding using tooth-colored filling material, a porcelain veneer, an onlay, or a dental crown.
- Broken teeth – Sports injuries and car accidents can result in broken teeth. Unfortunately, the teeth that break are often those that are most visible when you smile. Depending on the extent of the damage, we can protect the tooth with a crown or remove the damaged tooth and replace it with a lifelike dental implant.
- Misalignments – For minor misalignments, porcelain veneers can provide the appearance of straighter teeth to improve your smile. This is often a good choice for widely spaced or gapped teeth. More severe misalignments or those that affect the health of your smile may require orthodontics to treat.
Schedule a Consultation
Your smile restoration begins with a cosmetic consultation at our Lafayette, LA dental office. Give us a call today to schedule an appointment and learn more about the possibilities!